SCIENCE ON THE CAMPAIGN TRAIL
A signature North Carolina Science Festival event
7 pm April 13 @ The Frontier in RTP
Hosts: The North Carolina Newsroom Cooperative and
If facts are the first casualty in a campaign, science may be the subject with the highest body count. False assumptions, misleading data, inaccurate claims abound in the effort to sway voters and influence public policy. What’s a journalist to do? How about a voter? Come hear pros devoted to sorting fact from fiction in political discourse consider the challenges this feisty election year.
• Bill Adair, Pulitzer Prize-winning creator of Politifact; Sanford School of Public Policy, Duke University
• Eugene Kiely, director, FactCheck.org
• Laura Leslie, Capital Bureau chief, WRAL-TV
• Sheril Kirshenbaum, executive director, ScienceDebate.org; director, The Energy Poll, University of Texas at Austin
• Susan King, Dean, UNC School of Media and Journalism
7 pm @ The Frontier, 800 Park Offices Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC.
Arrive early to snag good seats. Food trucks and beer will be available.