New York, NY
The Communications Manager is primarily responsible for writing and editing content that conveys the objectives and promise of ADDF’s research programs and donor engagement initiatives, always with the goal of building the Foundation’s base of support.
The Communications Manager will help meet the Foundation’s writing and communications needs to advance efforts across the continuum of its business to raise, and then effectively deploy, funds for research. The successful candidate will have 3-5 years relevant writing and messaging experience, preferably in health care or scientific research. A proven ability to craft persuasive, clearly written material is a must. The right person for this position will be experienced in writing for multiple audiences and purposes (specifically donor vs. scientific audiences).
The Communications Manager will research, write and edit short-form web and social content as well as newsletter articles, press releases, talking points, funding proposals, and other materials as required by the overall marketing/communications program.
The Communications Manager will also serve as a general resource for proofreading and copy editing content across digital and print channels and will take the lead on internal communications needs.
The job requires strong attention to detail, excellent proofreading ability, project management skills and the ability to meet competing deadlines and manage multiple projects at once.
· General writing and editing for the communications team, including web content, blog posts, print and e-newsletters, press releases, collateral, social media postings and other materials as needed;
· Working on materials to attract and retain donors, including direct mail appeals, funding/grant proposals to individual, foundation and corporate donors; and stewardship materials;
· Working on press releases of funded grants and other research program highlights for a lay audience;
· Liaising with the Communications Consultant to help identify writing and editing needs on the Foundations Web site and ensure that information is kept up to date;
· Assisting in the writing and editing of pitches, press releases and other media outreach materials;
· Identifying and taking the lead on internal communications needs, such as keeping Foundation-wide FAQs up to date.